Repost: display Word doc in form
Nick Mirro
2005-07-11 15:32:48 UTC
(no answer)

I would like to have a multipage Word document viewable on an Access form?

I would like it to be scrollable. It would also be nice if the text could
be selected. Is this possible to implement?

Nick
John Nurick
2005-07-11 19:02:33 UTC
Doing this with a Word document is only possible by using a ObjectFrame
or BoundObjectFrame control on the form. Normally this will display an
image of part of the first page of the document, but you can set things
up so that double-clicking the control "activates" the document by
launching Word. This lets you not only select the text but also edit it.
--
John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP]

Please respond in the newgroup and not by email.
Nick Mirro

Nick Mirro

John Nurick
2005-07-12 05:14:22 UTC
Only after "activating" it.

If you convert the document to RTF and display it in a rich text control
it will be scrollable. (One proviso is that complex Word documents may
contain things that can't be displayed in a rich text control.)

But as Graham says, check out the Office Framer Control first.

Nick Mirro
2005-07-14 15:05:48 UTC
Can I ask you what a rich text control is? Is it an activex control? Where
do I locate it. The framer control that Graham suggested requires
registration and a large fee for business use. We will be distributing the
app and so can't use it.

Nick
John Nurick
2005-07-14 18:31:21 UTC
There are quite a few rich text controls around but not all of them work
reliably on Access forms. I suggest you check out Steven Lebans's free
control at www.lebans.com and also the fully featured but commercial
Total Access Memo at www.fmsinc.com.

Graham Mandeno
2005-07-11 23:01:39 UTC
G'day Nick

Long time no hear :-)

You might like to take a peek at the Microsoft Office Framer Control at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CE2CA4FD-2169-4FAC-82AF-770AA9B60D77&displaylang=en

Here is a TinyURL for it: http://tinyurl.com/7hv8d

I don't know what its future is, or how it will be licensed or supported,
but it looks promising from what I've seen.
--
Cheers!

Graham Mandeno [Access MVP]
Auckland, New Zealand
Nick
Nick Mirro
2005-07-12 02:54:20 UTC
What a pleasant surprise! Nice to hear from you. Hope you're living a
"properly enviable" lifestyle in nz (middle earth : - )

That's a nice solution. Thanks.

Nick